Skip to main content

enduring.

I've come to the conclusion that life is sometimes very tough. Often times (especially lately) I've found myself simply trying to endure. Trying to make it from one day to the next. I think we all get like that. We all have trials, challenges, and hard days. Sometimes these days turn into weeks, and sadly sometimes they turn to months. This is simply a part of life. We get caught up on things, and just make it through things. Especially amidst trials we tend to turn to autopilot mode, and just endure.

Truthfully, I hate enduring. 

I mean, who wants to endure through trials? Who wants to endure something they don't think they deserve simply to make it to the end and say they endured? Who wants to keep going even when it gets so tough that life becomes something to just endure? Not me. I may not be a quitter, but sometimes I feel being told to simply endure everything, is one of the worst things in the world. However, as I've been enduring through one of the worst weeks of my long 18 years of life, I have decided that I needed to reevaluate how I was going to endure through the rest of my bad weeks in life (heaven only knows that bad weeks are inevitable) So I stumbled across 2 Nephi 31:20, and the end of it says, "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."


Wait, what?! You mean even though I hate enduring, I have to endure? This must be a mistake. There has to be another way. 

Ha. Turns out enduring is necessary for eternal life. But that's not all, it turns out it is absolutely necessary for happiness too. As this week finally comes to a close, I realize that without pressing forward, and enduring through this not-so-great week I wouldn't ever get the chance to have a splendid week. Without all those times we are called to endure through hard trials, we wouldn't be able to make it to the blessings. We wouldn't see why we are called to pass through trials, and why enduring is necessary

As a beehive, I remember a lesson taught by a member of the bishopric right after girls camp. For some reason I remember part of it, which is very rare because memory is not my strong suit. He said something to the extend of, "Even if we don't understand why we are told to do something, we must be obedient. We will never see the reason why, or the blessings that follow unless we deserve it...The blessings will never come if we are never doing what we need to be doing."

I remember feeling the spirit so strong when he told us to keep going, even if we didn't understand the reason why. I think it is a comfort to know that even when we feel things aren't necessary, we don't need to question the Lord guidance or why we are being called to pass through the hard times because He knows what is truly best for us. Which in some cases, may be enduring through an exceptionally hard week, but in the end we will see the full picture, and the reasons why, even if we don't see why yet. (Ether 12:6) Plus, if we endure the bad weeks then I am 130% certain we will be blessed with good weeks. My thought is even though enduring is rough, and sometimes things aren't at all how we want them to be, we can take comfort in knowing that Heavenly Father knows of what we may be going through, and He is already blessing us for simply enduring. After all is said and done, I believe that these weeks of enduring will bring forth the greatest blessings. 

&& as my dear pal, President Hinckley said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
And through enduring, we are able to be happy and truly enjoy this life. I'm sure of it.

And even better news- even while enduring, there are parts of life that enjoying is so very important. (Picture catch up. You are very welcome.)

Turns out enduring isn't a problem when Braden is next to me.
Enjoying is squinty eyed smiles & funny/fantastic days

If you are the friendliest patient in the ER, then you are rocking life.
Laugh at life, even when chalk is thrown right into your face
Chalk fights are best with Bekah. It's a fact.

Homeless friends are pretty spectacular & Christmas Jars
went so well. YAY for exceeding our goal by $6,000!
Fab 4 takes on the CJ-PJ dance.
Easily one of my top 3 favorite dances
Cute group of stags helped make this dance so enjoyable.
Fighting hard against PG &  cheering our hearts out made
life so very enjoyable
Having silly pictures captured of me smiling
even when I felt like smiles weren't
worth it, makes my heart happy.

After basketball game pictures with Parker really makes life
more enjoyable. Actually, Parker just makes life so much
more enjoyable & endurable

These people make even the rough losses, and days where enduring
is necessary, worth it. #blessed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cost of Infertility (part 1)

Infertility is a whole lot of things: heartbreaking, hopeful, exhausting, and also expensive.  The obvious cost of infertility is the first one I'm going to talk about on here because its often the one people know a little bit about- the actual financial cost you pay to actually receive infertility treatments. When we started on medications I was actually still seeing an OBGYN. It had been a year of TTC with no luck, so we went to the doctors and started on a treatment plan.  The medications were timed around my cycle and horribly enough, they made me feel like I was pregnant even when I wasn't. They made me nauseous (so there was another med to counteract that) and some made my headaches turn to migraines for 4-5 days straight. (but more on the physical tolls of infertility later...). Luckily, during this phase of our journey, we were only paying about $300 a month for medications and appointment co-pays. We saw that OBGYN doc for nine months before setting up an appointment w

real talk.

I've been living in Provo now for a few weeks, and everything is actually lovely. I like my cute little apartment that I get to call home. I love my roommates. I like my YSA ward. I've been on a few fun dates, I have a kid sitting next to me in my Eng 2040 class who has the prettiest blue eyes I have ever seen. (Like I can't talk to him without completely staring because they are beautiful). I've been able to go zip lining with my stake, swimming with my building, and Disney movie watching after ward prayer on Sundays. Life is really happy, which is something it hasn't been in quite a while for me. But a little too often it hits me. It hits me that a year from now everything will be different. It hits me that my little sister isn't sleeping in the room next to me, it hits me that my brother is probably building something and I don't even know about it. It hits me that at any second my mom could call from the hospital, and it hits me that every time I go ho

Senior Advice {27 helpful hints}

To the cute sophomores who will soon be walking down the halls, and the juniors who think they have it all figured out, here are a few handy dandy little things I've learned- 1. Be kind - be kind to your friends, family, teachers, the people who only talk to you sometimes, strangers, and everyone you come across. I promise it will make the biggest difference in your life 2. Smile - smile through the good days, the bad days, the silly days, and all the days in between. Everyone needs a smile, and smiles are contagious :) 3. If you don't know someone who is sitting at your lunch table, meet them. You instantly gain a friend, or at least a familiar face in the hallways 4. If you are stuck in the commons and the bell for lunch rang over 5 minutes ago, simply wait until the last ten minutes of lunch to grab your food or you will be waiting FOREVER . (Or take a friend to wait with you, or make a friend in the lunch line. Either way) 5. Turn in things on time. A 1